January 12, 2022: No lecture.
Link to the Zoom meeting in Ilias.
- Week 1, October 13 2021.
- Week 2, October 20 2021.
- Week 3, October 27 2021.
- Week 4, November 3 2021.
- Week 5, November 10 2021.
- Week 6, November 17 2021.
- Week 7, November 24 2021.
- Week 8, December 1 2021.
- Week 9, December 8 2021.
- Week 10, December 15 2021.
- Week 11, January 19 2022.
Audio recordings in Ilias.
Ellström, L. (2021). The modalities of media II: An Expanded Model for Understanding Intermedial Relations. Beyond Media Borders, Volume 1 : Intermedial Relations among Multimodal Media. L. Elleström. Cham, Palgrave: 3–91. https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-030-49679-1
Eide, Ø. and Z. Schubert (2021). Seeing the Landscape Through Textual and Graphical Media Products. Beyond Media Borders, Volume 2 : Intermedial Relations among Multimodal Media. L. Elleström. Cham, Palgrave: 175–209. https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-030-49683-8
Group presentations January 26 or February 2. The groups will be the same as in the AM3a Übung.
Each group make a 5-10 minute presentation on one of these topics:
- How does the VR system you are developing relate to the source text you base it on? Give some examples of how you interpret specific passages in your VR system.
- Explain your project in the light of Elleström’sconcept of media transformations, pointing out how it relates to the concept pair ”media representation” — ”transmediation”.
- Present your project based on the distinction between time based and space based media/art forms. Discuss how appropriate such a distinction is for VR systems.
If you need Studienleistung without taking part in the AM3a Übung, please contact Prof. Eide.
Deadline: March 26. Connected to the Übung Media Transformation – Interaktives Erzählen in VR: Run Like Wild Horses Run.